art gallery of ontario
Originally housed in The Grange, the Art Gallery of Ontario was founded in 1900 as the Art Museum of Toronto. It has grown and expanded over the years. The most recent change at the AGO was a $276 million dollar renovation that was designed by the architect Frank Gehry.
At present the Art Gallery is home to over 79,000 works.
New staircase on the south side of the Art Gallery of Ontario. This staircase is one of the architectural features included in the renovations of the art gallery. It was designed by Frank Gehry and it opened to the public in December of 2008. The staircase is part of a blue tinted titanium and glass wing that overlooks Grange Park.
reflections in the windows of the Art Gallery of Ontario, Dundas Street